Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Trying this Out

Alright so instead of putting away laundry, that has been ready to go on hangers in my room for about a week, or cleaning my house. I have been on the computer customizing my blog. The saddest part of the whole thing is the fact that I tried to put on some pictures but I couldn't find the files on my computer that Tait downloaded them to. Which is really frustrating since that's one of the main reasons I wanted a blog in the first place. On a brighter note I really love my background and music player. I suppose I'll just have to settle with the satisfaction of knowing that although there is no content on my blog at least it looks cute. That almost sounds like a mantra Savannah would come up with. Maybe she didn't fall THAT far from the tree.



Okay, Okay, I know what you are all thinking she's just like me only a teensy bit more dramatic. Actually, I was thinking about Savannah's questions regarding what pose she should walk into class with on her first day, (soon I will post a picture of the options) when I remembered things I did as a little girl. One of my favorite things to do outside in the summertime was running and dancing in my front yard while singing songs and acting out songs. One song I remember quite vividly singing my heart out to, complete with choreography, was the theme song to Fame. I also loved roller skating in my backyard on the patio while listening to Casey Casem's top 40's. Not only did I prented I was at my own roller rink, but I would pretend I was on of the dancers from Solid Gold perfoming to the songs. ON ROLLER SKATES!!! So the next time I wonder where on earth Savannah gets her sassy attitude just remind me of these sweet activities I once lived for.

7 comments:

Becky said...

What about Xanadoo? That was my top choice to roller skate, and fame was always gonna get me to heaven. So happy to see you being resourceful with your time, welcome to blogging. Sorry I missed lunch, yesterday was kinda funky.

Kory Jane said...

Hmmm, too bad we don't have video to add to that little tidbit of information. I bet you could get Savannah to fill in for you. So what pose should I do when I first meet my friends Danielle?

Lindsay said...

I liked "blah, blah, blah," better...for whatever it's worth

Sally said...

Your background is super cute! Much cuter than mine, so you can take satisfaction in that.

Lisa said...

Yea! I"m so glad you are here! This will be fun. I'm with Becky. I loved Xanadu.

Kory Jane said...

umm, ok where are the fresh pictures you promised me? I will come back on Monday to recheck...... I'll be watching you....

Quin's momma said...

I totally used to pretend I was a Solid Gold dancer, too. I was all about some Fame, too! I think I still am....in fact, just a few weeks ago I informed mom that I needed to attend Debbie Allen's dance academy for some tap lessons. So, at least you may have outgrown it a bit.

Family